Eric Carle works his visual magic again in Chatter, Chirp, Bark & Buzz (2015). The print I have is a "Me Reader" book designed to work with a sound pad. Each page of text has an icon that apparently corresponds to a button on the sound pad. We see page after page of Carle's wonderful creatures: birds in the park, farm animals, forest friends, jungle buddies, an eagle, sea mammals, a house party, and garden. I'm thrilled whenever Eric Carle can publish because he's one of my favorite illustrators.
Josefina Javelina: A Hairy Tale (2005)
Josefina Javelina: A Hairy Tale by Susan Lowell (2005) was a disappointment for me. I’d only read one other book by Susan Lowell, The Tort...
-
Frederick by Leo Lionni values the imagination. While Frederick's family gathers food supplies for the winter, Frederick sit...
-
Molly and the Sword by Robert Shlasko, (1996) is unoriginal and tedious. Molly is a good daughter who demonstrates qualities one mi...