Saturday, July 3, 2021

Today I Feel Silly (1998)

      Today I Feel Silly and Other Moods That Make My Day (1998) reminds me that life is an emotional adventure. Adults may recognize the mood swings experienced by the little girl in this story. Written by Jamie Lee Curtis, this book does not have a plot, rather, each two-page spread is a separate setting full of feeling. For example, while this unnamed child sits in a box amongst toys scattered on the floor, we read "Today I am lonely. I feel so small. My Auntie's away. I wish that she'd call." Laura Cornell's illustrations have an edgy sensitivity. Heightened emotional awareness is evident in the pictures and the text. On the final pages is the question, "How do you feel today . . .?" with a face on which you can change the expression. 

     Juliana Grace Class Space has Today I Feel Silly Literacy Companion. Kearn's Kinder has Today I Feel -  Sharing Tool. Kinder North has a Daily Feelings Check-in

  

The Santa Clauses (1986)

The Santa Clauses retold by Achim Broger is a cute story of a young boy who saves Christmas. In this story, the little guy learns that ther...