Wednesday, September 23, 2026

As Warm as the Sun (2019)

As Warm as the Sun by Kate and Jim McMullan (2019) fooled me at first glance. The title font was so similar to Don Freeman’s Corduroy books, that I thought he was connected to this story. He’s not. The illustrations, which appear to be watercolor, fill each large page with colorful pictures of a French Bulldog, Toby, in his home environment. The text font is large and there’s only one or two sentences per page. The plot is simple. Life is good until another French Bulldog joins the family. There’s something about this book that left me satisfied. Was it the color pallet, the minimalist text? I don’t know. Maybe I just like dogs. 


As Warm as the Sun (2019)

As Warm as the Sun by Kate and Jim McMullan (2019) fooled me at first glance. The title font was so similar to Don Freeman’s Corduroy books...