Wednesday, May 14, 2025

All Things Bright and Beautiful (2004)

The edition of All Things Bright and Beautiful by Cecil Frances Alexander (2004) that I found was illustrated by Anna Vojtech. The cover art is certainly bright and beautiful, and so is every page of this book. Two children and a dog explore a countryside that’s home to numerous birds, flowers, insects, and other creatures. The well-tendered landscape is a lush green with brilliant red strawberries and plump orange pumpkins. It’s truly a happy place of fresh air, sunshine, and big star-studded evening skies. I wonder how many children will recognize such a location. I hope that humans will protect places like this for future generations to sing about.

Night of the Moonjellies (1992)

Night of the Moonjellies by Mark Shasta (1992) is a true story. It takes place in New London, Connecticut. Most of the story is about a refr...