Saturday, February 5, 2022

Sing a Song of People (1967)

 Sing a Song of People is a title I saw elsewhere just about 20 minutes ago! Aren't such coincidences are curious? "Sing a Song of People" by Lois Lenski appears in A Beginning Book of Poems (1967) and is also the title of the book in my hands now. The copyright page reads "The text of  'Sing a Song of People' first appeared in The Life I Live and is reprinted here by arrangement with The Lori Lenski Covey Foundation, Inc." I don't see a publication date for this book; however, the illustrations are copyrighted 1987 by Giles Laroche. The illustrations are packed with people and the setting is Boston, Massachusetts. It took me many minutes to notice the dog that shows up on several pages. Clearly, this is a timeless poem. I would love to see how an illustrator would picture this poem in 2022. 

The Santa Clauses (1986)

The Santa Clauses retold by Achim Broger is a cute story of a young boy who saves Christmas. In this story, the little guy learns that ther...