Monday, February 21, 2022

I'm Glad I'm Me (2006)

 I'm Glad I'm Me Poems About You (2006) is a thin Scholastic paperback by Jack Prelutsky. He has a talent for capturing a child's perspective. For example, the poem My Mother Took Me Skating: "My mother took me skating and we glided on the ice. I wasn't very good at it and stumbled more than twice. My mother made a figure eight, and since it seemed like fun, I tried a little trick myself and made a figure one." There are 21 poems  that cover a variety of topics. It's a nice bite size collection of fun to help children enjoy poetry. The title of the book doesn't seem to have any particular significance. The final poem has this title. Nany Meyers illustrations are spot on. Her drawings are full of energy. I wish her name appeared on the cover of the book. 

The Santa Clauses (1986)

The Santa Clauses retold by Achim Broger is a cute story of a young boy who saves Christmas. In this story, the little guy learns that ther...