Saturday, October 16, 2021

Diary of a Spider (2005)

     In Diary of a Spider (2005), by Doreen Cronin, we meet Spider. Spider is Worm’s friend, that is, Worm from the book Diary of a Worm. I liked Diary of a Worm but found that Spider was not as an appealing character. I couldn’t get used to all those legs, especially when multiple spiders crawled onto one page, which was often. Grandparent's Day at school has multiple little arachnids, show and tell day ditto, gym class has them lined up on a basketball hoop. Yes, Grampa Spider's story was amusing. He blew away in the wind and sent a post card that read, "I landed in Paris! French bugs are delicious!” Although I always like illustrations by Harry Bliss, this book wasn't for me. I expect kids to love it though.

Monkey Lady has Review Task Cards. Cherie Robichaux has a Vocabulary PowerPoint. Kids are my passion has a word search

The Santa Clauses (1986)

The Santa Clauses retold by Achim Broger is a cute story of a young boy who saves Christmas. In this story, the little guy learns that ther...