Thursday, April 15, 2021

Welcome

 Hello and welcome! 

When someone asked how I created lessons for my Books Too store, I responded by referencing one source of my ideas, a handy paperback called Scaffolding with Storybooks , but the larger truth is that I draw upon my career as a speech language pathologist. Now I'm listening to Austin Kleon's Steal Like and Artist trilogy and learning that I need to share my process. How do I create my Picture Book Talk and Study English lessons? I'll start thinking aloud in this blog. 

My previous blog was meant for fellow speech langauge patholgists struggling to apply research to practice. It took hours of reading and writing time to produce each post. These posts will be conversational and brief.

 Austin Kleon says it's not necessary to allow comments. I didn't for my previous blog and I won't for this one either. Trolls drag everyone down. So, if you'd like to have a civil conversation, send me an email. 


The Santa Clauses (1986)

The Santa Clauses retold by Achim Broger is a cute story of a young boy who saves Christmas. In this story, the little guy learns that ther...